HOW A DENTIST PERFORMS DENTAL RESTORATION
Posted by Darren Gonzalez DDS Jan 15,2022
There are times when patients will need to restore a natural tooth due to trauma, damage, decay, or disease. Working with a dentist who has the experience in providing restorative dentistry is key to repairing the smile and doing so in a way that is long-lasting and aesthetic. At the practice of Dr. Darren Gonzalez in Santa Rosa, California, patients are encouraged to ask about what can be done to salvage a natural tooth and avoid permanent extractions.
What ways may a dentist restore a tooth?
Dental restorations vary depending on the situation, but the most common restorative treatments available at Darren Gonzalez, DDS Family Dentistry include the following:
- Dental crowns are restorations that are made from porcelain and cover the exposed portion of a tooth. Also known as tooth caps, dental crowns are custom-fabricated to match the existing teeth for an aesthetic repair.
- Inlays and onlays are alternatives to dental fillings, which are placed for cavities. Inlays and onalys are larger, yet more conservative than a dental crown, and repair an area of a tooth that may have been damaged or impacted by tooth decay.
- Porcelain veneers cover the front of teeth to change their appearance, disguising common issues such as permanent staining, unusual tooth shape, misalignment, gaps, or chips.
- Dental bridges are used to replace one or more missing teeth. They are fabricated from porcelain and use the surrounding teeth to support them. They are a more permanent option when compared to dentures.
- Dentures are removable appliances that may replace one, several, or all the teeth in the dental arch. They may include full dentures or partial dentures.
- Dentures on implants are another option for patients who want a reliable and strong restoration that replaces the teeth.
- Dental implants are titanium posts placed into the jawbone and restored with porcelain restorations to replace a single tooth, several teeth, or to retain a full denture in place.
Are you interested in learning more about dental restorations with Dr. Darren Gonzalez?
If you reside in the area of Santa Rosa, CA and are ready to learn more about the benefits working with this team, call the office at (707) 542-1532 and visit at 1515 Montgomery Drive. The practice is here to provide services to both new and current patients.