Obtaining images of the smile can help dentists evaluate the smile and provide the necessary services. Dr. Darren Gonzalez of Santa Rosa, CA, is a professional who is pleased to offer 3D dental imaging at his state-of-the-art dental facility.
What is 3D dental imaging?
3D dental imaging is a type of x-ray technology that produces three-dimensional images of the teeth, gums, and jaws. This is helpful in many different situations. Dr. Darren Gonzalez can use this type of imaging to:
- Diagnose and treat various dental conditions.
- Plan and execute treatment procedures, such as root canals and tooth extractions.
- Assess the results of previous treatments.
- Decide if a patient is a proper candidate for certain dental treatments and solutions.
- Compliment other diagnostic tools, such as oral examinations and dental x-rays.
What are the advantages of using 3D dental imaging services?
There are many benefits to using 3D dental imaging services, such as:
- Allowing our dentist to take a closer look at all aspects of your smile, including the bones, gums, and soft tissue.
- Providing more accurate measurements than traditional x-rays.
- Reducing the amount of radiation that the patient is exposed to with each image.
- Creating images that can be rotated and viewed from different angles.
- Helping our dentists develop a more comprehensive treatment plan for each patient.
- Reducing the need for multiple appointments or second opinions.
What should I expect during my 3D dental imaging appointment?
During your 3D dental imaging appointment, our team will walk you through the process of obtaining these images. Just like traditional x-rays, a small device will be placed in your mouth. You will be asked to bite down on the device for a few seconds while the x-ray is being taken. The images resulting from this are sent to a computer, where they will be viewed by Dr. Darren Gonzalez. After the images have been reviewed, he discusses the findings with you and develops a treatment plan, if necessary. The images can then be stored in the computer system for fast and easy storage and retrieval in the future.
Request a visit with our team today
If you live in the area of Santa Rosa, CA, and are in need of oral surgery for dental implants or other restorations, now is the time to call Dr. Darren Gonzalez at 707-542-1532 to request an appointment. The office is open to new and current patients and families in the community seeking quality dental care solutions.